Doctors and other health care professionals are the most trusted source of health information for adults 50 and older. We know that older adults have many questions about exercise. Is it safe for me to do? Are there exercises I shouldn’t do with my health condition? At my age, shouldn’t I just take it easy and conserve energy?
Go4Life is a great resource to help you answer your patients’ questions and provide free follow-up materials. We know clinicians are busy; you have limited time with your patients and many important issues to address during your appointments, so we’ve provided informational materials for you and your staff to use in a variety of ways:
- We have tip sheets your office staff can print and distribute to patients.
- You can order free posters for exam rooms or bookmarks for your waiting room.
- If you send an e-newsletter to patients, we have articles about exercise and physical activity that you can use.
- If you are looking for a sample workout to distribute to patients, you can order free copies of the Workout to Go booklet.
- You can order free copies of Exercise and Physical Activity: Your Everyday Guide from the National Institute on Aging (in English and Spanish) for your waiting room.
- If you show health videos in your waiting room, order a free copy of the Go4Life exercise video.