Avoid “locking” your joints. Straighten your arms and legs when you stretch them, but don’t hold them tightly in a straight position. Always keep them slightly bent while stretching.
- Lie on your back with your legs together, knees bent, and feet flat on the floor. Try to keep both arms and shoulders flat on the floor throughout the stretch.
- Keeping knees bent and together, slowly lower both legs to one side as far as you comfortably can.
- Hold position for 10-30 seconds.
- Bring legs back up slowly and repeat toward other side.
- Continue alternating sides for at least 3-5 times on each side.