Avoid “locking” your joints. Straighten your arms and legs when you stretch them, but don’t hold them tightly in a straight position. Always keep them slightly bent while stretching.
- Stand with feet shoulder-width apart.
- Hold one end of a towel in your right hand.
- Raise and bend your right arm to drape the towel down your back. Keep your right arm in this position and continue holding on to the towel.
- Reach behind your lower back and grasp the towel with your left hand.
- To stretch your right shoulder, pull the towel down with your left hand. Stop when you feel a stretch or slight discomfort in your right shoulder.
- Repeat at least 3-5 times.
- Reverse positions, and repeat at least 3-5 times.