Avoid “locking” your joints. Straighten your arms and legs when you stretch them, but don’t hold them tightly in a straight position. Always keep them slightly bent while stretching.
- Sit in a sturdy, armless chair with your feet flat on the floor, shoulder-width apart.
- Hold arms in front of you at shoulder height with palms facing outward.
- Relax your shoulders, keep your upper body still, and reach forward with your hands. Stop when you feel a stretch or slight discomfort.
- Hold position for 10-30 seconds.
- Sit back up.
- Repeat at least 3-5 times.