This exercise is for your back muscles. If you've had hip or back surgery, talk with your doctor before trying this stretch.
- Sit securely toward the front of a sturdy, armless chair with your feet flat on the floor, shoulder-width apart.
- Slowly bend forward from your hips. Keep your back and neck straight.
- Slightly relax your neck and lower your chin. Slowly bend farther forward and slide your hands down your legs toward your shins. Stop when you feel a stretch or slight discomfort.
- Hold for 10-30 seconds.
- Straighten up slowly all the way to the starting position.
- Repeat at least 3-5 times.