Here's another exercise that stretches your thigh muscles. If you've had hip or back surgery, talk with your doctor before trying this stretch.
- Stand behind a sturdy chair with your feet shoulder-width apart and your knees straight, but not locked.
- Hold on to the chair for balance with your right hand.
- Bend your left leg back and grab your foot in your left hand. Keep your knee pointed to the floor. If you can't grab your ankle, loop a resistance band, belt, or towel around your foot and hold both ends.
- Gently pull your leg until you feel a stretch in your thigh.
- Hold position for 10-30 seconds.
- Repeat at least 3-5 times.
- Repeat at least 3-5 times with your right leg.