This exercise strengthens your buttocks and lower back. For an added challenge, you can modify the exercise to improve your balance.
- Stand behind a sturdy chair, holding on for balance. Breathe in slowly.
- Breathe out and slowly lift one leg straight back without bending your knee or pointing your toes. Try not to lean forward. The leg you are standing on should be slightly bent.
- Hold position for 1 second.
- Breathe in as you slowly lower your leg.
- Repeat 10-15 times.
- Repeat 10-15 times with other leg.
- Repeat 10-15 more times with each leg.