This exercise strengthens hips, thighs, and buttocks. For an added challenge, you can modify the exercise to improve your balance.
- Stand behind a sturdy chair with feet slightly apart, holding on for balance. Breathe in slowly.
- Breathe out and slowly lift one leg out to the side. Keep your back straight and your toes facing forward. The leg you are standing on should be slightly bent.
- Hold position for 1 second.
- Breathe in as you slowly lower your leg.
- Repeat 10-15 times.
- Repeat 10-15 times with other leg.
- Repeat 10-15 more times with each leg.