If you already sponsor group exercise classes or walking groups:
- Add another corridor to your mall walk.
- Add in 5 minutes of faster music to your group exercise classes.
- Add 5 “Go4Life” minutes to the class length.
- Offer an extra free “Go4Life” class.
Want to try something new?
- Organize a Go4Life nature walk.
- Organize a Go4Life community walk to a local monument, museum, or place of interest.
- Have your group watch one or all of these Go4Life videos:
- Print out and distribute these Go4Life tip sheets:
- Print out and distribute Go4Life tracking sheets to encourage people to build on the endurance activities they start during Go4Life Month.
If you’re already doing brisk walking
- Do this Go4Life endurance self-check to test your endurance.
- Add 5 more “Go4Life” minutes to your walk.
- Aim for 500 more “Go4Life” steps per day.
- Add another Go4Life day to your walking routine.
If you’re already taking aerobics classes
- Add another class this week.
Try something new
- Watch the Go4Life video “Learn about Endurance Exercises for Older Adults”
- Add 5 “Go4Life” minutes on a treadmill.
- Work out to a 10-minute, in-home walking DVD.
- Take a beginning fitness class for seniors.
- Visit the Go4Life website and read these tip sheets:
- Print out these Go4Life tracking sheets to build on the endurance activities you start during Go4Life Month.