If you already have group exercise activities….
- Add 1 or 2 Go4Life flexibility exercises such as the neck stretch or the back stretch to a group exercise class.
- Extend the flexibility part of the class by adding 5 minutes of stretching.
- Add 1 or 2 more poses to a yoga class.
- Print out and distribute this Go4Life tip sheet:
Try something new…
- Invite a yoga instructor to give a brief talk and demonstration to your group.
- Lead your group in a workout to the Go4Life flexibility video.
- Show or ask your group to watch “Yoga Is a Wonderful Form of Exercise!”
- Print out and distribute Go4Life tracking sheets to encourage people to build on the flexibility activities they start during Go4Life Month.
If you’re already stretching on a regular basis
- Do this Go4Life flexibility self-check to test your flexibility.
- Hold your current stretches a minute longer.
- If you’re already taking yoga, add another class this week.
Try something new
- Try the Go4Life shoulder stretch.
- Work out to the Go4Life flexibility video.
- Observe a gentle yoga class and then sign up for one.
- Visit the Go4Life website and read this tip sheet:
- Print out these Go4Life tracking sheets to build on the flexibility activities you start during Go4Life Month.