TARGETED MUSCLES: Upper arm muscles
WHAT YOU NEED: Hand-held weights or household items (soup cans, bottles of water)
After a few weeks of doing this exercise for your upper arm muscles, lifting that gallon of milk will be much easier.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Hold weights straight down at your sides, palms facing forward. Breathe in slowly.
- Breathe out as you slowly bend your elbows and lift weights toward chest. Keep elbows at your sides.
- Hold the position for 1 second.
- Breathe in as you slowly lower your arms.
- Repeat 10-15 times.
- Rest; then repeat 10-15 more times.