TARGETED MUSCLES: Calf
Because many people have tight calf muscles, it’s important to stretch them.
- Stand facing a wall slightly farther than arm’s length from the wall, feet shoulder-width apart.
- Put your palms flat against the wall at shoulder height and shoulder-width apart.
- Step forward with right leg and bend right knee. Keeping both feet flat on the floor, bend left knee slightly until you feel a stretch in your left calf muscle. It shouldn’t feel uncomfortable. If you don’t feel a stretch, bend your right knee until you do.
- Hold position for 10-30 seconds, and then return to starting position.
- Repeat with left leg.
- Continue alternating legs for at least 3-5 times on each leg.