TARGETED MUSCLES: Abdomen and thighs
WHAT YOU NEED: Sturdy, armless chair
TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR: If you have knee or back problems, talk with your doctor before trying this exercise.
This exercise, which strengthens your abdomen and thighs, will make it easier to get in and out of the car. If you have knee or back problems, talk with your doctor before trying this exercise.
- Sit toward the front of a sturdy, armless chair with knees bent and feet flat on floor, shoulder-width apart.
- Lean back with your hands crossed over your chest. Keep your back and shoulders straight throughout exercise. Breathe in slowly.
- Breathe out and bring your upper body forward until sitting upright.
- Extend your arms so they are parallel to the floor and slowly stand up.
- Breathe in as you slowly sit down.
- Repeat 10-15 times.
- Rest; then repeat 10-15 more times.