TARGETED MUSCLES: Chest
WHAT YOU NEED: Sturdy, armless chair
This exercise, which stretches the chest muscles, is also good for your posture.
- You can do this stretch while standing or sitting in a sturdy, armless chair.
- Keep your feet flat on the floor, shoulder-width apart.
- Hold arms to your sides at shoulder height, with palms facing forward.
- Slowly move your arms back, while squeezing your shoulder blades together. Stop when you feel a stretch or slight discomfort.
- Hold the position for 10-30 seconds.
- Repeat at least 3-5 times.