TARGETED MUSCLES: Upper arm (triceps)
WHAT YOU NEED: Hand-held weights or household items (soup cans, bottles of water)
This exercise will strengthen your upper arms. If your shoulders aren’t flexible enough to do this exercise, try the Chair Dip.
- You can do this exercise while standing or sitting in a sturdy, armless chair.
- Keep your feet flat on the floor, shoulder-width apart.
- Hold weight in one hand with palm facing inward. Raise that arm toward ceiling.
- Support this arm below elbow with other hand. Breathe in slowly.
- Slowly bend raised arm at elbow and bring weight toward shoulder.
- Hold position for 1 second.
- Breathe out and slowly straighten your arm over your head. Be careful not to lock your elbow.
- Repeat 10-15 times.
- Repeat 10-15 times with other arm.
- Repeat 10-15 more times with each arm.