WHAT YOU NEED: Tennis ball or other small rubber or foam ball.
This simple exercise should help if you have trouble picking things up or holding on to them. It also will help you open things like that pickle jar more easily. You can even do this exercise while reading or watching TV.
- Hold a tennis ball or other small rubber or foam ball in one hand.
- Slowly squeeze the ball as hard as you can and hold it for 3-5 seconds.
- Relax the squeeze slowly.
- Repeat 10-15 times.
- Repeat 10-15 times with other hand.
- Repeat 10-15 times more with each hand.