TARGETED MUSCLES: Thighs
WHAT YOU NEED: Sturdy chair
This exercise strengthens your thighs and may reduce symptoms of arthritis of the knee.
- Sit in a sturdy chair with your back supported by the chair. Only the balls of your feet and your toes should rest on the floor. Put a rolled bath towel at the edge of the chair under thighs for support. Breathe in slowly.
- Breathe out and slowly extend one leg in front of you as straight as possible, but don’t lock your knee.
- Flex foot to point toes toward the ceiling. Hold position for 1 second.
- Breathe in as you slowly lower leg back down.
- Repeat 10-15 times.
- Repeat 10-15 times with other leg.
- Repeat 10-15 more times with each leg.