TARGETED MUSCLES: Calves and ankles
WHAT YOU NEED: Sturdy chair
This exercise will help make walking easier by strengthening your calves and ankles. For an added challenge, you can modify the exercise to improve your balance.
- Stand behind a sturdy chair, feet shoulder-width apart, holding on for balance. Breathe in slowly.
- Breathe out and slowly stand on tiptoes, as high as possible.
- Hold position for 1 second.
- Breathe in as you slowly lower heels to the floor.
- Repeat 10-15 times.
- Rest; then repeat 10-15 more times.