Avoid “locking” your joints. Straighten your arms and legs when you stretch them, but don’t hold them tightly in a straight position. Always keep them slightly bent while stretching.
This exercise stretches your ankle muscles. You can stretch both ankles at once or one at a time.
- Sit securely toward the edge of a sturdy, armless chair.
- Stretch your legs out in front of you.
- With your heels on the floor, bend your ankles to point toes toward you.
- Hold the position for 10-30 seconds.
- Bend ankles to point toes away from you and hold for 10-30 seconds.
- Repeat at least 3-5 times.