Talk with your doctor if you are unsure about doing a particular balance exercise.
Tip: As you progress, try looking from side to side as you walk, but skip this step if you have inner ear problems.
Good balance helps you walk safely and avoid tripping and falling over objects in your way.
- Raise arms to sides, shoulder height.
- Choose a spot ahead of you and focus on it to keep you steady as you walk.
- Walk in a straight line with one foot in front of the other.
- As you walk, lift your back leg. Pause for 1 second before stepping forward.
- Repeat for 20 steps, alternating legs.