Avoid “locking” your joints. Straighten your arms and legs when you stretch them, but don’t hold them tightly in a straight position. Always keep them slightly bent while stretching.
Tip: This is a good over-all stretch that’s fun to do with a partner.
This is a good over-all stretch that's fun to do with a partner. It stretches your shoulders, arms, back, and legs. If you've had hip or back surgery, talk with your doctor before trying this stretch.
- Sit on the floor facing your buddy and place your feet against your partner's feet.
- Both of you should grab one end of a resistance band or towel. Depending on each person's flexibility, you may need to loop two bands or towels together.
- Slowly pull the band or towel so that your buddy bends forward and you lean backward.
- Hold position for 10-30 seconds.
- Slowly return to starting position.
- Now it’s your buddy's turn to pull the band or towel so that you bend forward and your buddy leans backward. Hold for 10-30 seconds, and then return to starting position.
- Repeat at least 3-5 times.