Muscle soreness lasting a few days and slight fatigue are normal after muscle-building exercises, at least at first. After doing these exercises for a few weeks, you will probably not be sore after your workout.
- Sit in a sturdy chair with armrests with your feet flat on the floor, shoulder-width apart.
- Lean slightly forward; keep your back and shoulders straight.
- Grasp arms of chair with your hands next to you. Breathe in slowly.
- Breathe out and use your arms to push your body slowly off the chair.
- Hold position for 1 second.
- Breathe in as you slowly lower yourself back down.
- Repeat 10-15 times.
- Rest; then repeat 10-15 more times.