Muscle soreness lasting a few days and slight fatigue are normal after muscle-building exercises, at least at first. After doing these exercises for a few weeks, you will probably not be sore after your workout.
- Sit toward the front of a sturdy, armless chair with knees bent and feet flat on floor, shoulder-width apart.
- Lean back with your hands crossed over your chest. Keep your back and shoulders straight throughout exercise. Breathe in slowly.
- Breathe out and bring your upper body forward until sitting upright.
- Extend your arms so they are parallel to the floor and slowly stand up.
- Breathe in as you slowly sit down.
- Repeat 10-15 times.
- Rest; then repeat 10-15 more times.