Muscle soreness lasting a few days and slight fatigue are normal after muscle-building exercises, at least at first. After doing these exercises for a few weeks, you will probably not be sore after your workout.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Hold weights straight down at your sides, with palms facing backward.
- Keeping them straight, breathe out as you raise both arms in front of you to shoulder height.
- Hold the position for 1 second.
- Breathe in as you slowly lower arms.
- Repeat 10-15 times.
- Rest; then repeat 10-15 more times.