Avoid “locking” your joints. Straighten your arms and legs when you stretch them, but don’t hold them tightly in a straight position. Always keep them slightly bent while stretching.
Tip: You don’t have to use your left side. You can use your right side, if you prefer.
To Get Down on the Floor:
- Stand facing the seat of a sturdy chair.
- Put your hands on the seat, and lower yourself down on one knee.
- Bring the other knee down.
- Put your left hand on the floor. Leaning on your hand, slowly bring your left hip to the floor. Put your right hand on the floor next to your left hand to steady yourself, if needed.
- You should now be sitting with your weight on your left hip.
- Straighten your legs.
- Bend your left elbow until your weight is resting on it. Using your right hand as needed for support, straighten your left arm. You should now be lying on your left side.
- Roll onto your back.