Avoid “locking” your joints. Straighten your arms and legs when you stretch them, but don’t hold them tightly in a straight position. Always keep them slightly bent while stretching.
This exercise will stretch your hip and inner thigh muscles. If you've had hip or back surgery, talk with your doctor before trying this stretch.
- Lie on your back with your legs together, knees bent, and feet flat on the floor. Try to keep both shoulders on the floor throughout the stretch.
- Slowly lower one knee as far as you comfortably can. Keep your feet close together and try not to move the other leg.
- Hold position for 10-30 seconds.
- Bring knee back up slowly.
- Repeat at least 3-5 times.
- Repeat at least 3-5 times with your other leg.