Muscle soreness lasting a few days and slight fatigue are normal after muscle-building exercises, at least at first. After doing these exercises for a few weeks, you will probably not be sore after your workout.
- Stand behind a sturdy chair, holding on for balance. Lift one leg straight back without bending your knee or pointing your toes. Breathe in slowly.
- Breathe out as you slowly bring your heel up toward your buttocks as far as possible. Bend only from your knee, and keep your hips still. The leg you are standing on should be slightly bent.
- Hold position for 1 second.
- Breathe in as you slowly lower your foot to the floor.
- Repeat 10-15 times.
- Repeat 10-15 times with other leg.
- Repeat 10-15 more times with each leg.