Muscle soreness lasting a few days and slight fatigue are normal after muscle-building exercises, at least at first. After doing these exercises for a few weeks, you will probably not be sore after your workout.
- Sit in a sturdy chair with your back supported by the chair. Only the balls of your feet and your toes should rest on the floor. Put a rolled bath towel at the edge of the chair under thighs for support. Breathe in slowly.
- Breathe out and slowly extend one leg in front of you as straight as possible, but don't lock your knee.
- Flex foot to point toes toward the ceiling. Hold position for 1 second.
- Breathe in as you slowly lower leg back down.
- Repeat 10-15 times.
- Repeat 10-15 times with other leg.
- Repeat 10-15 more times with each leg.