Avoid “locking” your joints. Straighten your arms and legs when you stretch them, but don’t hold them tightly in a straight position. Always keep them slightly bent while stretching.
This easy stretch can help relieve tension in your neck. Try to stretch after strength training and during any activity that makes you feel stiff, such as sitting at a desk.
- You can do this stretch while standing or sitting in a sturdy chair.
- Keep your feet flat on the floor, shoulder-width apart.
- Slowly turn your head to the right until you feel a slight stretch. Be careful not to tip or tilt your head forward or backward, but hold it in a comfortable position.
- Hold the position for 10-30 seconds.
- Turn your head to the left and hold the position for 10-30 seconds.
- Repeat at least 3-5 times.