Muscle soreness lasting a few days and slight fatigue are normal after muscle-building exercises, at least at first. After doing these exercises for a few weeks, you will probably not be sore after your workout.
- Sit in a sturdy, armless chair with your feet flat on the floor, shoulder-width apart.
- Place the center of the resistance band under both feet. Hold each end of the band with palms facing inward.
- Relax your shoulders and extend your arms beside your legs. Breathe in slowly.
- Breathe out slowly and pull both elbows back until your hands are at your hips.
- Hold position for 1 second.
- Breathe in as you slowly return your hands to the starting position.
- Repeat 10-15 times
- Rest; then repeat 10-15 more times.