Muscle soreness lasting a few days and slight fatigue are normal after muscle-building exercises, at least at first. After doing these exercises for a few weeks, you will probably not be sore after your workout.
- You can do this exercise while standing or sitting in a sturdy, armless chair.
- Keep your feet flat on the floor, shoulder-width apart.
- Hold hand weights straight down at your sides with palms facing inward. Breathe in slowly.
- Slowly breathe out as you raise both arms to the side, shoulder height.
- Hold the position for 1 second.
- Breathe in as you slowly lower your arms.
- Repeat 10-15 times.
- Rest; then repeat 10-15 more times.