Muscle soreness lasting a few days and slight fatigue are normal after muscle-building exercises, at least at first. After doing these exercises for a few weeks, you will probably not be sore after your workout.
- Stand behind a sturdy chair, feet shoulder-width apart, holding on for balance. Breathe in slowly.
- Breathe out and slowly stand on tiptoes, as high as possible.
- Hold position for 1 second.
- Breathe in as you slowly lower heels to the floor.
- Repeat 10-15 times.
- Rest; then repeat 10-15 more times.