Real Life Benefits of Exercise and Physical Activity
Exercise and physical activity aren’t just good for your mind and body, it can help you stay active and mobile as you age! Regularly including all 4 types of exercise will give you a wide range of real-life benefits.
Endurance activities help you:
- Keep up with your grandchildren during a trip to the park.
- Dance to your favorite songs at the next family wedding.
- Rake the yard and bag up the leaves.
Strength training will make it easier to:
- Lift your carry-on bag into the overhead bin of the airplane.
- Carry groceries in from the car.
- Pick up bags of mulch.
Balance exercises help you:
- Turn around quickly when you’re on a walk and hear a bicycle bell behind you.
- Walk along a cobblestone path without losing your balance.
- Stand on tiptoe to reach something on a top shelf.
Flexibility exercises make it easier to:
- Bend down to tie your shoes.
- Look over your shoulder as you’re backing out of the driveway.
- Stretch to clean hard to reach areas of the house.