This year's Go4Life Month theme, Move More with Go4Life, encourages older adults to be active more often, to push a little harder, and to try all 4 types of exercises during September. Use these tips and tools from Go4Life to get the word out about Go4Life Month and how you celebrate it.
Share weekly social media messages
Post these Move More with Go4Life social media messages. Each week during the month of September will focus on one type of exercise. There's a message for each work day in September! You can also retweet our messages on @NIAGo4Life or share our Facebook posts from NIHAging.
Celebrate Go4Life Month – Share September 1
- Celebrate #Go4Life Month w/ @NIAGo4Life by moving more! Don’t forget to include all 4 types of exercise! http://bit.ly/2tKzApg
- Celebrate Go4Life Month this September and challenge yourself to move a little more often, at a faster pace, or try a new activity. Make sure your exercise routine covers all 4 types of exercise—endurance, strength, balance, and flexibility. Visit Go4Life, the exercise and physical activity campaign from the National Institute on Aging at NIH, to learn more: http://bit.ly/2tKzApg #Go4Life
Endurance – Share September 4-8
- Work on your endurance this month! Endurance activities like walking & dancing can improve your fitness: http://bit.ly/2rF7DOf #Go4Life
- Build your endurance this month! If you haven’t been active for a long time, work your way up over time: http://bit.ly/2rF7DOf #Go4Life
- Get motivated this #Go4Life Month! Try to build up to at least 150 min of moderate endurance activity a week: http://bit.ly/2rF7DOf
- It’s #Go4Life Month! Encourage older people to try these endurance exercises to help them lead healthy, active lives: http://bit.ly/2sjTsQp
- Endurance #exercise can help prevent or manage diseases like #diabetes & #heartdisease. Move more w/ #Go4Life tips: http://bit.ly/2rF7DOf
Celebrate Go4Life Month and build up your endurance by moving more! Just getting started? Do 10 minutes of activities that get your heart pumping— like walking, dancing, or biking. As you progress, add more 10 minute sessions until you hit your goal of 150 minutes per week! Learn more from #Go4Life: http://bit.ly/2rF7DOf
Strength – Share September 11-15
- Even small changes in muscle strength can make a real difference in function. Challenge yourself to move more! #Go4Life: http://bit.ly/2rp05Qd
- Build more muscle! Stronger muscles make it easier to do everyday activities, like climbing stairs. Learn more: http://bit.ly/2rp05Qd #Go4Life
- September is #Go4Life Month! Try strength #exercises for all your major muscle groups on 2 or more days each week: http://bit.ly/2rp05Qd
- Push yourself a little harder this month! Gradually increase the amount of weight you use to build strength http://bit.ly/2rp05Qd #Go4Life
- Try a few upper-body strength exercises this month to help w/ housekeeping chores: washing windows & dusting out-of-the way places http://bit.ly/2rp05Qd #Go4Life
Celebrate active aging during #Go4Life Month by building up your strength! Even very small changes in muscle strength can make a real difference in function. Challenge yourself to do a little more or lift slightly heavier weights, if you can. http://bit.ly/2rp05Qd
Balance – Share September 18-22
- Find your #balance during #Go4Life Month! Do them anywhere, anytime, & often! Learn more: http://bit.ly/2rwzfpk
- #Balance exercises can help with #fallsprevention. Learn how to improve your balance over time: http://bit.ly/2tkKi6p #Go4Life
- Try something new during #Go4Life Month. Challenge your balance with #taichi! Learn more from @NIAGo4Life: http://bit.ly/2sIiZ8d
- #Exercise #safety tip: Hold a sturdy chair when you are doing balance exercises. http://bit.ly/2rwzfpk #Go4Life
- Want to do more during #balance exercises? #Go4Life has tips to help you to challenge yourself over time: http://bit.ly/2tkKi6p
How steady do you feel on your feet? Help prevent falls and fall-related injuries by doing balance exercises regularly. Not sure where to start? Check out these recommended exercises from #Go4Life! http://bit.ly/2rwzfpk
Flexibility – Share September 25-29
- For #Go4Life Month, commit to stretching more often! Hold your stretches for 10 to 30 seconds. Check out these flexibility exercises: http://bit.ly/2rNLcGC
- Loosen up during #Go4Life Month! Stretch both your upper & lower body in smooth & steady movements. Learn more: http://bit.ly/2rNLcGC
- #Stretching #safety tip: Warm up before stretching. Learn more about adding flexibility to your #exercise routine: http://bit.ly/2rNLcGC
- You don’t have to stretch alone. During #Go4Life Month, try this buddy stretch with a friend! http://bit.ly/2tFQEww
- Already stretching? Do the stretch more often or hold it longer. Looking for new stretches? Visit #Go4Life: http://bit.ly/2rNLcGC
Increasing flexibility gives you more freedom to move around and do everyday activities, like getting dressed in the morning. Celebrate Go4Life Month by adding stretching to your routine. Loosen up with these flexibility exercises! http://bit.ly/2rNLcGC #Go4Life
Highlight your Go4Life Month activities
- Make a Go4Life bulletin board to highlight exercise success stories.
- Use this form to send us photos and short videos of your Go4Life Month activities so we can post them on the Go4Life website.
- Post photos and videos of your activities on Facebook, Twitter and other social media sites.
- Use these tips to reach out to local media to share information about your Go4Life Month activities.
Share your event in blogs and on social media
- Take pictures and video of your event for your newsletter, blog, or social media accounts. (Make sure to get permission from attendees and presenters to document your event.)