Family Activities for Fun and Good Health
Being physically active with your family is a great way to stay healthy and make exercise fun.
Whether you play team sports with the entire family or take brisk walks with your spouse, child, or grandchild, you’ll be rewarded with improved health and time spent together.
Family gatherings are the perfect time for team sports and outdoor activities.
- Choose teams for softball, basketball, or kickball.
- Sign up for family tournaments to play tennis, bowling, or volleyball.
- Go biking, fishing, or hiking at a nearby park.
- If you live near water, try sailing, canoeing, or rafting.
Family members can make great exercise buddies.
- Take yoga or water aerobics classes.
- Ping pong is fun for a twosome.
- Our pets are family! Brisk walks with a canine buddy are healthy for both of you.
- Push them on swings (after walking to the playground!).
- Play catch.
- Jump rope together.
- Build a fort indoors or out.
Try making a contract with a friend to become physically active. It can help you both stick with it.