Finding Activities You Enjoy
Some people like to walk on a treadmill at the gym. Others find that kind of activity boring. The key to sticking with exercise is to make it interesting and enjoyable.
Be creative. Do things you enjoy but pick up the pace. Try some new activities to keep your interest alive. Let these suggestions inspire you to choose physical activities that match your interests!
- Take dancing lessons.
- Sign up for an aerobics class.
- Walk briskly or jog and listen to your favorite tunes.
Enjoy the outdoors?
- Play catch with your dog or grandchildren.
- Go hiking or rock climbing.
- Grab a paddle and go canoeing.
Like being with others?
- Join a soccer or basketball league.
- Make friends in an exercise class.
- Organize a walking group with friends or coworkers.
Want to be on your own?
- Swim laps.
- Spend an hour at the batting cage.
- Use an exercise video at home.
Feel the need to multi-task?
- Lift weights while you watch TV.
- Do balance exercises while waiting in line.
- Walk on a treadmill while you listen to an audio book.
Remember, regularly do all four types of exercise—endurance, strength, balance, and flexibility. The variety helps keep things interesting!