Fitness Shoes and Clothes
Choosing the right clothing and shoes for the exercise and physical activity you plan to do is important.
You want to make sure your clothes and footwear are both comfortable and safe for you to be active. It’s good to try several items on to make sure you have the proper fit. Here are a few things to keep in mind as you shop.
- Choose shoes that are made for the type of physical activity you want to do.
- Look for shoes with flat, non-skid soles, good heel support, enough room for your toes, and a cushioned arch that’s not too high or too thick.
- Make sure the shoes fit well and provide proper support for your feet.
- Check your shoes regularly and replace them when they’re worn out. You need new shoes when:
- The tread is worn out
- Your feet feel tired after activity
- Your shins, knees, or hips hurt after activity
- Choose clothes that work with your activity. Loose shorts are perfect for basketball, but maybe not for yoga.
- Make sure your exercise clothes are comfortable and let you move easily.
- In cold weather, wear layers, such as a jacket or top over a t-shirt, so you can take off layers as you warm up.
- Wear clothes that let air circulate and moisture evaporate.
The right clothes and shoes can fit your individual style. Wearing workout clothes you like can be a great motivator!