Have Fun. Be Active with your Grandchildren!
Being physically active can be more fun when you’re with someone you love—your grandchildren.
Here are some tips for being active with those special young ones in your life. Shared time—no matter what the activity—is bonding time.
Infants and toddlers
- Take them for walks in the stroller and rides on your bike. Don’t forget your helmets.
- Play games that get your bodies moving—Wheels on the Bus, Pretend We’re Animals, and Hide-and-Seek.
- Sign up for baby yoga or exercise classes.
- Try baby-friendly swimming classes.
- Walk to the park and push their swing.
- Play catch, kickball, basketball, or soccer.
- Go swimming or biking together.
- Play a video fitness game together and see who wins!
Teens and young adults
- Participate in activities that interest them. Try hiking, fishing, skating, or tennis.
- Go golfing or swimming. Invite them to join you in physical activities that require two people, such as doubles tennis.
- Ask them to help you in the garden or with heavy-duty household chores.
Start being active together when your grandchildren are young. Pretty soon, it will be a regular part of your life and theirs!