Work Out at Work
You are more likely to exercise if it’s a regular part of your day. You can make it happen if you put exercise at the top of your “to do” list, and look for easy ways to add physical activity to your regular schedule:
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Take a walk with co-workers during your lunch break. An exercise buddy can help you stick with your plan to be more active!
- Instead of sending an e-mail, walk down the hall and talk with a co-worker.
- Park away from your office and enjoy the walk.
- Join your company’s fitness center if there is one.
Fit exercise into your busy work day. Find 10-minute workout breaks throughout the day. There are a variety of strength, balance, and flexibility exercises you can do right at your desk.
Flexibility exercises: Move around a little to warm up; then stretch your thigh, calf, and ankle. Also try the stretches for your neck, upper body, chest, and back. These are great after you’ve been sitting for a while hunched over your computer!
Go4Life has sample exercises you can do anytime, anywhere, even at work!