Starting and Sustaining a Walking Club for Older Adults
This Go4Life Walking Clubs Toolkit provides tips for those interested in starting and sustaining a walking club for older adults. The recommendations presented here were obtained from a variety of trusted sources at the National Institutes of Health, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the US Surgeon General, and our national and local Go4Life partners with expertise in developing and conducting walking clubs. A list of these resources may be found under the “Helpful Resources” section of this toolkit.
The following Go4Life partners provided input into the development of this toolkit.
- Age Safe America
- Alaska Division of Public Health
- Georgia Wellness and Fitness Festival
- Geri-Fit, LLC
- International Council on Active Aging
- Let’s Move in Libraries
- Massachusetts Councils on Aging
- Mississippi State Extension Service
- Springpoint Senior Living
- Sun Health Center for Health and Wellbeing
- Sunrise Senior Living